View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
The best motivation comes from within. I believe you can increase your motivation through spiritual practices. Its not as direct as mental training or as simple as physical. Spiritual practices includes time and patience and tons of repetition.

Meditation such as Zen Meditation is one aspect of this. Off the bat, I would say try to sit and relax (body and mind) in a tranquil room away from any TV or music. Meditate, by closing your eyes and focusing on your breathing and devote the time to thinking about your life and what you really want and how to truly gain it. Focus on your breathing as well. Breathing is highly underrated. 4 seconds in, 4 seconds out. Devote at least 20 minutes a day for like 4-5 days. Learn to control your mind and from this you will grow your spirit.

When you can control your spirit, you control your emotions. Your will. And your focus. All of which can lead to better motivation.

During workouts, I would suggest some and not all for many reasons, listen to music. Different types of music can lead to different types of gains or even losses in your energy and production levels.

Like I said above, make workouts fun. I never found isolated work outs fun. Going to different parts of the gym and picking different muscles to do 3-5 reps of 5-15 sets of increasing or decreasing weight. At least not all the time. So I turned it into full body work outs with some added supersets.

I also find it more fun to work out outside. At a park or beach. try that...

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote