View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Embiid
Thank You Hinkie!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg The Goalie View Post
And so the Philadelphia Beat Writers start their "off ice" reporting.

I swear there will be a version of Flyers TMZ with Panaccio, Miller, Seravalli, Carchidi and Eklund wearing a Wrestling Mask.

"His strong right wing Republican viewpoints and snub of President Obama embarrassed the Bruins’ organization in 2011.

Given what the Flyers went through with Ilya Bryzgalov’s wide range of comments, most of which concerned the vast expanse of the universe and our role in it, you’d have to wonder whether the Flyers would take a chance on Thomas.

Then again, fans in Philadelphia don’t seem to care about what their athletes say provided they “put up” on the field of play. Or in this case, on the ice.

Which is to say, the two-time Vezina Trophy winner’s politics or beliefs would likely fall on deaf ears if Thomas is playing well in goal."
While I deplore his political slant and I do believe he would not be distraction free..I think he has way more character to back it up on the ice although there is a risk.

What is ironic is that when Thomas was being shopped the offseason prior to him winning the cup I started a thread vouching that the Flyers sign him and also noted how Meltzer thought the idea of signing Thomas was intriguing. The howls about how he was a medical basket case and old were pretty pronounced by a lot of fans. My argument was that the risk was no greater than going with Leighton and Boucher. Now things have come full circle and he's older and had a year off and still won't be cheap in years and cash yet there is more interest..go figure.

Embiid is offline   Reply With Quote