View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I am surprised so many people are down on Tambellini. I am just going to agree to disagree there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Yeah same here.

I'm not blown away by the pick, but the kid seems to be extremely solid in just about every area. Good skater, nice shot, decent size (6'2'' at 18) and by all accounts, has solid hockey sense.

The major knock on him is that he's a bean pole, but he's going to a great hockey school where he'll easily put on 15-20 lbs of mass.

Again, this kid won't light up the league, but I really don't see much drawback here. Maybe he would have been there 10-15 picks later, but if they like him, they like him.
The major knock doesn't seem to be that he's just a beanpole. It's that he doesn't seem to have the desire or the wherewithal to play big. It's early, but if he's not playing that way against guys smaller than him now I'm not sure he'll ever be that player. And that's why he's a 3rd rounder. My preference is usually stay away from these gentle giants unless the skill is outstanding. And 'outstanding' is yet to be seen. Like I said, it's early.

And that's disregarding the fact he was a standout in Edmonton pee wee hockey, and is the son of a former Oiler GM. Reeks of yet another Edmonton Glen fetish pick.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote