View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 01:30 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublechin View Post
Morin is a Capital Boom or bust player, if he booms there's no denying the possibility of him becoming a player like Chara, it will be a long time project but it's as good of a possibility as anyone in recent memory. But there's also a risk that he completely busts, he progressed a lot from the beginning to the end of last season, if he keeps up with his progression and becomes a gym rat I can't see him not becoming a succesful top 4 at least.

I'd say 25% he never becomes an NHL regular, 15% a 5-6-7 D, 30% he becomes a top 4D mostly defensive minded, 20% he becomes a top pairing 25 minute a night two way Dman and I give him a 10% odds at becoming an elite defender (A la Chara or Pronger). That 10% is still a good enough number for him to be picked at 11.

I had Philly picking him in my mock and I believe it was the best fit for him.
I'll say the same thing here that I said in the Hagg thread since you posted it there too.

Morin for his size, skating, and intelligence might be a better player than Lauridsen already.

Honestly, he's as easy bet to become a bottom pairing SDD. However, we should want and expect at lot more from him than that.

Either way, your 25% that he never becomes an NHL regular is pretty pointless and incorrect.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote