View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I don't think one can look at the amount of trades that occurred and use it as a rationale for saying "well this really wasn't a trade type of draft".

Its incumbent, of course, on the teams that NEED to improve to be the impetus of trades and not waiting for them to happen and hoping things fly across the plate.

MacT was involved in discussing some trades, sure, he also appeared not to be involved in other potential deals. I wonder how many trade schemes he initiated with other clubs.

As usual, we'll never know all, but I wonder how many stocks and cards were put out on the table and how much was in play trying to drum up some business.

MacT stated (and this is his own fault) that he would be aggressive, impatient, and would be making deals and changing what this club looks like. He stated as a matter of fact that he would add the player ingredients this club requires.

He missed doing that one of the few important off season days of the year. While managing a club that needs a lot of help and that has a lot of players that could be in a trade. Except, wait, MacT devalued some of these players trade value in his prior comments.
MacTavish, by all reports, had the most lines in the water at the draft table of any GM, but none of those deals ultimately made sense for the Oilers. Apparently, MacTavish and Holmgren had a deal in principle in place, but according to reports, Holmgren backed out on it before it was consummated. The deal apparently centred around Colburn with multiple pieces going either way. According to various news stories, both sides are still talking and a deal could still happen.

These are trades involving multimillion dollar assets. I don't want our GM rushing into them, as much as I want things to happen, like everyone else.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote