Thread: Speculation: UFA Thread
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 03:25 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
I guess that is my question. Why aren't other guys wanting to consider Nashville as a playing destination? It seems that almost all other teams are being considered for some of the top 6-9 players but Nashville. At one time we had signed Forsberg (Peter), Arnott, Dumont and Kariya but now it seems like we are the disfigured step-child locked up in the attic. I can't think of any other NHL team that has this much difficulty to attract top talent. Very frustrating!
Ehh I think lots of teams have a hard time attracting top talent. Edmonton, Columbus, Phoenix, doubt you are going to see any top FA's go to Winnipeg for awhile.

The Preds are in a nontraditional market and they get minimal exposure within the hockey world. Also last season we were one of the worst teams in the league.

So a player coming here would have to be okay playing for a team that gets largely ignored by the NHL media, a city where they he won't be treated like a god and will be playing second fiddle to the Titans and college football, and he would be taking a risk coming to a team that honestly could be really bad again.

Let's be honest most guys who are in the NHL have been great hockey players and the "man" on their teams since they were youth. They have had coaches and parents bend over backward for them. Most have an ego that understandably needs to be fed and you aren't going to get that in Nashville.