View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwayBshirt View Post
I see the situation regarding Arniel & Brassard as this:

-Arniel was in over his head as the HC. Which means he did/said things that probably would have liked to do over again or handled better.

-It was a depressing environment in Columbus at the time.
I will have to say that Arniel was part of why it was a depressing environment. While people can disagree on Todd Richard's coaching abilities, you can't deny he took the nothing he was left with and started to build something positive out of it.

When the losing started under Arniel, he had no answers and was at a loss on how to right the ship. bridges were burned with players for reasons as a fan I don't know. The concerning thing is how quickly he lost the room after a moderately successful first season. For a team full of lows in their history, they were at their lowest under him. It was under his watch that Rick Nash decided he wanted out of town.

While I hope he certainly learned something from the experience, the rangers certainly have a few players in the room already who already have certain beliefs about him in one way or another. If he truly has changed and those players had a negative experience with him before, they had better rebuild those bridges quickly or there could be big issues with team chemistry.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote