Thread: Speculation: UFA Thread
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 02:56 PM
weeze

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Ehh I think lots of teams have a hard time attracting top talent. Edmonton, Columbus, Phoenix, doubt you are going to see any top FA's go to Winnipeg for awhile.

The Preds are in a nontraditional market and they get minimal exposure within the hockey world. Also last season we were one of the worst teams in the league.

So a player coming here would have to be okay playing for a team that gets largely ignored by the NHL media, a city where they he won't be treated like a god and will be playing second fiddle to the Titans and college football, and he would be taking a risk coming to a team that honestly could be really bad again.

Let's be honest most guys who are in the NHL have been great hockey players and the "man" on their teams since they were youth. They have had coaches and parents bend over backward for them. Most have an ego that understandably needs to be fed and you aren't going to get that in Nashville.
I will give you Columbus but Phoenix was able to resign Shane Doan, bring in or keep Martin Hanzal, Klesla, Morris and Yandle and Edmonton has been able to keep some of there young top guns Eberle, Gagner, Hall and RNH and bring/back RSmyth and a few others.

We (Preds) have been one of the most consistant teams in the NHL since the prior lockout, making the playoffs...

I guess that is me just thinking that all of guys would want to play for my team.