View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
My issue is that we walked in to the draft with our biggest problem being our offense, and we walked out doing nothing to address it.

Schneider is amazing and everything but our offense still blows and we're continuing to ignore it.
The way I look at it, sure our offense is still terrible going into next season, barring any trades or signings that we're all hoping Lou makes, but this is an opportunity Lou couldn't pass up. Before this trade happened, my preference was for Lou to try and solve the goaltending problem next off-season, or something like a stop-gap goalie if our prospects were looking promising. However, when a chance comes around to grab someone of Schneider's ilk for seemingly below market value, then Lou has to jump on that and run. Next off-season Lou could have gotten someone via free agency or trade to fill Marty's absence, but this takes care of that for the foreseeable future so long as Lou resigns Schneider long term.

Lou can sign forwards this off-season, or finally use our abundance of defensemen as trade bait to land a forward, but the chance to grab someone like Schneider doesn't come around often and I'm so happy Lou didn't waste his chance to get him.