View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
If I'm Bozak, I ask maximum term, so no surprise there. Neither is 5 per as a starting point. It's a starting volley, and helps put the "No" in Nonis. But I could easily see settling at half the total value, e.g., 5 years, 4-per, or maybe even a little richer.

@Jame,
Do you think Regier will have any Sabre-specific UFA signings once Friday comes?

I only expect a two-way signing or two for Rochester, in addition to the previously-signaled-by-Darcy, our hero, Matt Ellis.

I do not expect Briere, nor anyone else signed, and don't expect Miller or Vanek either moved or extended right away, either, and certainly not on 7/1.
I don't expect anything earth shattering... but I do expect at least 1 of the 2 short term needs to be addressed...

1. vet, 3rd line center - to compete with Larsson, Porter, Girgensons for the 2 bottom 6 center spots (Hodgson/Grigorenko at the top, Ennis to wing).

2. vet, depth defensemen - to compete with McNabb, Ruhwedel, Ristolainen, (McBain) for the bottom pair and #7/#8 spots. Ehrhoff, Myers, Weber, Pysyk is the top 4 IMO. Some may consider this to be McBain's role... I'd like a bit more competition