View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzy View Post
I was reading about the Tyler Bozak 8 years at 5 million a year which his camp is currently asking. I looked at his stats and he is about a half point per game player. I know there are some smart people on here so I was wondering approx. what is the price on average for a 5 million dollar player in points production for a center ? no way in my mind does Bozak 's numbers warrant that kind of green backs. If we can get Gags for 4 a year it seems about right and better production.

I have some data on this but it is out of date by a few years.

It does not break things down for only forwards but it does give you some expected point range for various salary ranges.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...586&highlight=

You want to know about salaries in the $5M range. If you go by the cap this todays salaries are roughly 13% higher than they were back then so the proper number to use would be about $4.4M in the charts I put together. This means that the 2009 median for this salary range was 19 goals and 44 points.

Less than you might think I'll bet.

BTW I really would like to update these charts but do it a little more finely by separating ELC's, 2nd contracts and UFA deals.