View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 05:17 PM
cleangene63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
a couple quick thoughts...

on us not being able to sell us as a cup contender. I say bull. We can sell we have the goaltending long term. We have arguably the best defense corp (I said arguably) and all 7 of them under team control for at least the next 3 and all but Bartley the next 5 years. We have solid 3rd and 4th lines. Hell we have 3 3rd lines right now. What we have to sell an offensive forward is the fact that he could be the missing piece. He could be the offensive catalyst while Forsberg/Beck develop into 40 point guys next year. He can be the one who pushes Wilson and Hornquist into 60 point players. You absolutely play the ego card and sell that. None of it is false. doesn't matter if it is a wing or a center. Just a good solid 50-60 point forward. you sell the belief that the youth of this team in Wilson/Hornquist/Forsberg/Bourque/Beck/Smith can produce this year. you sell Aberg/Watson/Leipsic/Sissons/Budish are going to be able to contibute in 2-3 years.

Nashville has plenty to sell. Some of you just can't see the forest thru the trees here and look down the road a bit. Our young kids are a good blend of big power forwards and skill guys. Our d-corp outside of Ellis is big and could be huge down the road. They can all move the puck a bit.

so maybe only one thought.
TK...wow, can you send these thoughts along to Poile, or better yet lead the recruiting committee?? I've heard Willy on The Game mention that James Franklin needs to be contacted about what it takes to land a prize within the next few days; I REALLY hope there's been such work being done by the management (and hopefully 1 Captain Shea Weber) to point out the pluses this team contains.