View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 06:01 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Say we didn't make this trade at all. We'd still be undersized, right? If anything Thomas is tougher than Kristo.

Sure, would it have been much more beneficial in the short term if we got a big, physical player back? For sure. Does this trade do anything to hurt us? No, if anything Thomas might have more value down the line. He will be cheap for longer.

So the trade doesn't help or hurt us. We have the same amount of assets right now as we did an hour ago. How is that poorly thought out? Same cap space, same amount of contracts on the books, same amount of draft picks available if we want to make a move for a short term benefit.

Why is everyone pretending Kristo is some superstar? Because he dangled through some college kids?
I could care less about Kristo. He is another redundant forward that we have (had) in Hamilton that is not an impact player.

I hope that you will agree with me that we need an upgrade with regard to our D. And I hope Bergevin realizes that we have a glaring need for a crease clearing DMan for the coming season.

Kristo should have been packaged with another player or two to get what we NEED for next season.

I agree. This trade does not hurt us. And it does not help us. We stay on the level with this trade. But remember what level is for this franchise..........an early first round exit loss in the playoffs to a less skilled but much more physical Ottawa Senators team.