View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
Very few guys who put up points in the SEL do anything close to similar in the NHL. The names you recognize on their top scorer tables are players who didn't stick in the NHL or went to the SEL later in their careers. There are a few exceptions, but overall it's not even close to a useful gauge of NHL success.

If I am DL, I offer 900K-1M, 2 years, on a two-way contract. Two-way's are not uncommon for guys who are in their mid-20's who haven't established themselves. If he wants a one way deal, it's for substantially less than that.

I'm sure Bud would turn that down and look elsewhere, and he should evaluate his options. I'm sure he realizes that if nothing better is out there, the Kings, along with most other teams, are going to be filling up their rosters quickly come UFA time. He can always go back to the SHL, which he seems to really like, but if he doesn't sign in the NHL this year his chances of ever landing a spot are going to diminish rapidly. T

Not every player has that "NHL at all costs" mentality, he's just one of them. No fault to him whatsoever.