View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 06:58 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
My worry was some of the ridiculous asking prices around the league. The package for Schnieder was atrocious. Who knows what the Flyers wanted. The early asking price for Bolland was downright stupid. Yes MacT should've offered what Toronto did, although as we've already seen with Vancouver, the asking price depends on the team you're trading him to.

I agree the first pick should have been in play, but NJ aside, not a single first was dealt at the draft for immediate help. The Sharks and Wings swapped picks but I hardly believe that counts. And it's not as if the Devils don't already have a goalie in Marty. I don't see Schnieder supplanting Brodeur if he can't even outlast Luongo.

The fact of the matter is we just don't know what could have been. I liked the idea of offering a second to Minnesota for Clutterbuck, but after seeing the price the Isles paid to get him, I'm glad MacT backed off.

All these trades at the draft were nothing but auctions. You had to pay a steep price for a slight upgrade. And that's not even counting if the GM just plain doesn't want to deal with you.
9th overall pick for a starting goalie on the good side of thirty isnt atrocious.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote