View Single Post
07-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Leo Getz
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Roz View Post
Another Mooseheads fan here. This clip isn't of a flashy save - it's not a save at all, really - but it's easily one of my favourite Fucale moments from this past year as it really shows off his vaunted composure.

Setting: A highly-charged Game 4 of the QMJHL finals @ Baie-Comeau. There is ~40 seconds left in the 3rd and the Mooseheads have put the game out of reach and are poised to go up 3-1 in the series. The Drakkar - who were involved in a post-game brawl in the semi-finals and have a reputation for being dirty - take a timeout and put their 4th line on the ice. Jon-Alec Banville lobs a "shot" at Fucale in order to take a run at him. Charles Poulin takes another run at him after the whistle. This video should be shown to kids as a textbook example of how a goalie should react in this situation.

[Video here in case the embed doesn't work. You can see the scrum from a different angle here.]

As I said, it's not a flashy play but it's a great example of the little things Zach does that make him special - the stuff that doesn't show up in a save percentage or GAA. There are a lot of veteran NHL goalies who lose their cool over much, much less. I'm really thrilled that the Habs picked him. Goalies are hard to project, but I can't picture a kid with a temperament better suited to take the scrutiny he'll be facing in Montreal.
Who are the two in red fighting him at the same time. Bush league right there.

Leo Getz is offline   Reply With Quote