View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 09:38 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
I'm not crazy about our draft other than Nurse. Dude has it all. Offensive upside might be limited but he'll be a cornerstone for us in a few years.

And I'm not down on MacT for lack of roster moves. It looks like Gillis used MacT to leverage a better deal out of NJ. If the Oil were offering the 7th +, it seems pretty obviously that Gillis had no desire to deal Schneider within the division. Same goes for Clutterbuck - Fletcher said flat out he wouldn't so can't flag MacT for that. Bolland is really the only guy that we might have has a shot at. Price was right, but I do wonder if The Hawks let him chose his destination in return for being a good soldier. Seems pretty fortuitous that he landed in his home town.

Plenty if time for MacT to deal with Hemsky and Horc. I didn't expect either of those guys to get moved at the draft anyways.
this is a great post. Bolland was the only name i liked available out there but he has had a battle with injuries in the last few years it seems. I think Chicago sent him to Toronto for exactly the reasons you specified. It seems pretty obvious to me.

oilinblood is online now   Reply With Quote