View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 09:58 PM
BlowbyBlow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
If Gillis didn't ask for more from us than teams outside of the division/conference, then he's an even bigger idiot than I originally thought. I would be very surprised if he just wanted the pick straight up.
This ^

As we approach compliance buyouts, ufa's and pending rfa's, and some potential waiver wire pickups. I have always felt that most deals in the nhl are made more on money and association with other players connections to other teams players, management ect, (when it comes to UFA status), and it comes down more to Gm connections or familiarity or comfortability with other gms making trades with one another.

Therefore, I never thought for a second a schneider to edm was even a remote possibility. Your first of all graded on how good of a trade it is between the division (only have to look at the glencross and brodziak deals to see that; and they aint even huge names)

Secondly, its never a possibility for both teams to win the trade at the same time, maybe van wins the deal in the long term if prospects and player pans out, maybe edm wins if schneider is dominating the division.

As for macts inability to acquire players they are all ufa's so unless a trade is in the works, i look at it as he is going to inquire but guys like Horton, clarkson have a huge market for there service.

BlowbyBlow is offline   Reply With Quote