View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I'll keep saying it, I think this upcoming year will show us a decent bit more about his potential offensive ability. It seems like he got better as the year went on, and he is one of the younger kids in the draft. He'll be around the same age next year that Jones was this year. Darnell Nurse went from 13 to 40+ points in one year, I believe he is 6 months older than Morin. The 2nd half of the season could have been Morin starting to put together his offensive skills, and next year we will hopefully see some increased production.
I agree. A lot of people who have scouted him on the internet have compared him poorly to players who have not developed into nhl players. This is understandable.
There are very few players who are as big as him and are able to compare.

It seems that the bigger players are a year behind in their development on offense. If you look at Oleksiak and Myers they really produced at high rate after their draft year. Morin has been touted as strictly a Defensive dman, and while he may be that the future is uncertain and by comparison he has shown more upside than Zadorov and his playoffs were a breath of fresh air considering he had missed significant time with an injury and came back in time to produce at a higher than a ppg rate.

I say right now lets try to compare his production to a guy myers ( a player he outperformed in his draft year) and see how he develops. If he can put up anything over a .70 ppg clip next year I think we may have a potential number 1. That is the benchmark he should be aiming for.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote