View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 11:57 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Well Jagr and Zucc have the same problem, don't fit as a defensive player, so tied to a top 6 spot. Maybe you just have Zucc, Jagr, and Kreider split wing spots on the top two lines, but it means one less D you can dress.

There are really two problems with the lineup, one is the Zucc thing, the other is that brass and Richards are essentially the same person at this point. Neither is a good skater, neither is good on face offs or defensively, so neither fits well on a 3rd line, and neither have size, so they don't fit as a 4th liner either.

Stepan on the other hand could play on all four lines, but he's also the best offensively.

What a mess.

And don't get me wrong, I do love Jagr, but seeing as he needs low minutes, but isn't capable defensively, I'm just not sure how you integrate him into the lines. Do you dress a guy that only plays 5 minutes a game, but all of those are top 6 or even all PP minutes?
I think Brassard is a little more capable than that. I don't think his skating was that bad. But I agree there are similar players in the lineup.

Jagr trains as hard as anyone. I think he can give you 12-14 minutes a night depending on the situation. I'd rather give Jagr the spot and find room for Zucc than vice versa