View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Habssince89
Feel the Radulove

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Really great article full of choice quotes. It's funny, the vibe I get from this guy is almost like a traditional "old school" player. I mean that even in the way that he seems... a bit dense? Haha, not dumb but just like one of those guys who are like puppies enjoying their jobs and I'm sure that's why hes so coachable and loved by Granato. A real coaches player I guess I mean, willing to do whatever is needed and loving being able to do it with his imposing frame.

He just seems like an "aw, shucks" type kid or something, I find it refreshing in this generation of really smart and calculated kids like Fucale or Gallagher, even though I love that trend too and their interviews are always great. Just some random musings, maybe had a few too many hah.
I agree. It seems he has a good perspective on things. He's shown commitment to improvement, he obviously wants to make the NHL, and he seems to have a true love for the game. That being said, I think you may have hit the nail on the head, he does seem old-school. Keeps it simple and knows what a great stroke of luck he has had to be blessed with a body like his. It seems he simply knows he needs to be mean, nasty, etc and that makes it easy for him to know what to do. Definitely a hockey guy.