Thread: Scott Laughton
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 12:04 AM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Completely agree with you here, Chris. I think Laughton will be a more popular player than Brayden Schenn by season's end (if they both make it to that point, of course).

I really want Laughton to have every opportunity. I really see him being a real player. I wonder if he would have a future at wing? I realize that would waste some of his talent, but maybe if he could adapt into a Shane Doan type on the wing, it could work out? I'd really hate losing him.
If Laughton makes the team he'll probably play limited minutes centering the 4th line. Couturier lit up juniors before coming in as an 18-year old and HE hasn't been given the opportunity to open up his offensive game. What makes anyone think that Lavi is going to give Laughton a shot in that role??? I don't agree with it, but it just seems to me that Lavi won't give a rookie that kind of shot unless he's basically given no choice (kind of like how he was given all these young unproven guys at once in Simmonds, Schenn, Couts, and Voracek).

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote