Thread: Scott Laughton
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 12:16 AM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
I tend to agree with Chris here. I see more long term potential in Laughton than I see in Schenn. To be perfectly honest, I'm not all that enamored by Schenn. He's a talented player, but I just don't see a game breaking quality in him. That's part of the reason I want him on the wing. I think he's always going to leave us wanting just a little bit more out of him. He is and will be a good player, but I don't expect the world out of him like some people do.

As for Laughton, yes, he will start on the fourth line, but with injuries, he'll get his shot in the top nine, I'm sure.

I know I advocate shopping him, but unless we can get a stud defender, I want him on the team. He's a guy that will turn a lot of heads once he makes it.

And phlocky, to your point (a legitimate one), Couturier has been in a shut down role because he is so damn good at it. This year, Laughton will get his top nine time with injury minutes. He'll get a chance to be out there with some of our talented players. I'm not saying he'll put up special numbers, but I do see him impressing a lot of people and winning the fans over next season.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote