View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 01:30 AM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Some of my favorite picks in regards to our ranking..

MacKinnon at 1 (went #1)
Monahan at 6 (went #6)
Shinkaruk at 24 (went #24)
Remi Elie at 45 (went #40)

All four of those we went against the popular opinion, and received heat for, but Elie was one that I was most happy with. A lot of people scoffed at us for believing Remi Elie was a sure fire top 50 player in this year's draft. He ended up going even higher than where we even had him.

We had 24 of our top 30 go in the first round

The 6 we had in the first who didn't go in the first were..
Bigras (32nd), Erne (33rd), Fucale (36th), Zykov (37th), Petan (43rd), Bowey (53rd)

Maybe the biggest shock I noticed was 42 of our top 47 ranked players were taken in the first 47 picks of the draft.

Only Madison Bowey, Olivier Bjorkstrand, Pavel Buchnevich, Dillon Heatherington and Artturk Lehkonen were ranked in our top 47 without going in the top 47.

One of which (Bowey) is a player I'm extremely confident will emerge as one of the steals of this draft.

Marko Dano, Connor Hurley, Gustav Olofsson, Tristan Jarry, Nick Sorensen were the 5 skaters taken in the top 47 who weren't in our top 47. The latest of those 5 was ranked 68th.

So although predicting the draft isn't our goal. It's pretty cool to look back and see the similarities with our list to this draft class. But ultimately our goal is to project who will be the best player at the next level.

As I told one of the players waiting to be picked. It doesn't matter if you go 25th or 205th, it all comes down to what you do after you're selected that counts.

RyanHPscout is offline   Reply With Quote