Old
07-03-2013, 06:05 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Tough to put a price tag on him, but value-wise a good comparison would be an elite #1 defender.
When Pronger got traded to Anaheim and later to us he returned four primary pieces (in his case a top6 forward, a top-prospect and two first round picks).
Considering Giroux is significantly younger you might as well add another primary piece.

So if you'd trade someone like him you'd probably look at a top6 forward, a top4 defender, a top-prospect and two first round picks.
I'm not so sure Giroux brings in that much. I don't know exactly what his value is or would be, but I think Pronger would fetch more than Giroux, even with the age disparity. Pronger is a former MVP, a Cup winner, sure-thing HOFer, and a franchise defender. Giroux has had one elite season. Not knocking Giroux because I think he's going to be a force in the league for years to come, but I think you could probably take what Prongs get and scale it back slightly or go on the same level. I don't think he''d get more, especially since he is as yet unsigned.