Thread: Speculation: Vinny signs which center traded?
View Single Post
07-03-2013, 07:59 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
The Flyers should not be in favor of any deal that makes them worse-off in the short term.

If they are in favor of deals that make them worse right now, then what is the point to signing Streit and Lecavalier?

Ladies and gentlemen, the Flyers are going to try to win the Cup just like they do every year, so I can't see them, at this stage of the game, trading Coburn in a deal that does not make them a better team.
Agreed, but there is a deal to me had with Edmonton that doesn't hurt the team. Smid is a good defensive defenseman but the salary is a little close to make hat trade make sense. The guy I would want is Jeff Petry. He is a big right handed defenseman who can move the puck a bit who has played big minutes for Edmonton the last two plus years. He is not a top pair guy, for which Edmonton was using him last year, but would be a very good 2nd pair guy and has room to grow. He only has a 1.75 cap hit too. It would have to be Petry plus but I thinks it could be a good deal for the Flyers.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote