GDT - Flyers v Panthers
View Single Post
01-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Join Date: Jun 2002
Glen Macknow on 610 right now is saying it best.
(1) The Flyers, if you watched closely tonight, did not have quality shots. The 46 or whatever shots is misleading. They had quantity, but not quality.
(2) The Flyers lack a go-to-guy. They lack a guy who can go out and create his own space; his own shot. Comrie is the best they got but right now, he is not at that level due to his absense from the game.
My thoughts on the game (I was there! Woah!)
(1) The Roenick/Comrie/Amonte PP unit is going to be a killer come playoff time. They are really building some chemistry there.
(2) Hackett was at fault for 2 goals tonight. The first and the last.
(3) That penelty shot was simply a terrible call. A penelty could have been called, but a penelty shot was over the top and drastic. Terrible call. If Hackett makes that save, God willing, the Flyers win going away in my opinion. Major swing of momentum at that point.
(4) Seidenberg had a rough night. He had a few good shifts, but he was getting knocked over left and right. The defense in general had a rough night moving the puck against the Panthers trap.
(5) The checking game. Regardless of who the Flyers were playing, the team never established that they were the home team playing in front of the home crowd. Besides an occasional Roenick check, the checking game was non-existent tonight.
(6) Maybe this is just me, but the Flyers are a totally different team with Keith Primeau out of the lineup. Never thought I would say that, but I truly believe it's true.
That's about all I got. I'll think of more later probably.
Tonight ended my personal 7-game-in-attendance-winning steak that dates back to Saint Patrick's Day 2001 when the Flyers defeated the NY Rangers. The streak included wins against the Capitals, Islanders, Thrashers, Blues among others. <sigh>
View Public Profile
Visit Gagne2433's homepage!
Find More Posts by Gagne2433