View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Ronning On Empty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
As for Roberto, he is now officially untradeable.

So he either sucks it up and plays his heart out and proves all the doubters wrong or he craps the bed and destroys his own legacy.

The choce is pretty clear and I think it will be an easy choice for him to make.

I think he'll play. He's too smart not to.

However, I'm not sure he's "untradeable". Or more importantly, "unmovable". They still haven't explored all their options on that front. Namely, taking on buyouts to push the deal through, or waiving him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Agreed.

What I find totally amazing though is how little tender command in trades but how much they get thrown at them in salary.

Someone needs to do an analysis of trade value vs salary value for different position. Im totally curious.

There's actually this analysis out there, or something akin to it. I remember reading it. Perhaps NHLNumbers, but I forget where. It basically stated that goaltending is only relevant when you don't have a competent level of it. As in, teams only notice differences when the goaltending is below par. At par, however, the differences are largely marginal. Only that elite players have a better year to year consistency. In short samples, however, there's not a lot to choose from.

The article also places a dollar value, as a percentage of the cap, that should be allocated to the differences in wins a goaltender represents. I'll look for it and post it if I find it.