View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 10:55 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Be a sarcastic ******* all you want. Or you can read some of the reports/articles RB has been posting the past couple days about the salary cap in the upcoming years based on what the owners and GMs are saying. You want to keep dreaming of richards being bought out (even though the team has stated he is staying) and del zotto being dealt (even though he is still here after the draft) then so be it. Del Zotto is our best offensive defenseman while being 23 years old and doing it in a defensive minded system; and on a good contract. What isn't adding up for you because it really is simple math.
I'm not trying to be sarcastic. But saying they definitely won't trade him is an assumption. It isn't fact.

Del Zotto will also command a large contract soon and the Rangers will need forward depth moving forward. Top six depth. Eventually teams trade from positions of strength.

If you really believe trading Del Zotto isn't a possibility then I don't know what to tell you. Folks thought Gaborik wasn't going anywhere.

McDonagh and Staal will ALWAYS play above Del Zotto as long as they are on this team. Del Zotto is awful on the right side. You want a potential 4+ cap hit on the third pair? John Moore can fill that role at a fraction of the cost.

There is no way to definitively say they won't trade him.

As far as Richards goes, yea they said they won't buy him out this summer. The topic i was responding to was about putting him on the wing. What would be the point of keeping him on the roster at that point. His value isn't as a winger. If he's put there its because he isnt getting the job done, he's ineffective, and needs to go. Rangers lack NHL ready depth down the middle, keep Richards' 6.6 cap hit to put him on the wing?