View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 12:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Economically, yes. Otherwise, not necessarily. I've heard, from Snider's own mouth, his entire philosophical view point. It's a complicated back story, but basically I used to be part of a small intellectual group of friends and Snider was asked to speak, and he did. Snider has economical agreement with Thomas, but not necessarily moral or religious. As an aside, he couldn't be a more nicer guy, and he cares very much about morality and integrity.

THAT BEING SAID-- if there is one place Thomas can feel comfortable holding those views without getting grief about them, I would imagine he would fit in with Snider's circle.

But, I'll break it down for you.

Snider is a laissez-faire capitalist, close to libertarian in viewpoint, who is much more secular and less religious. His morals are more liberal, but not entirely.
Thomas is a neoconservative capitalist, who aligns himself with Glenn Beck, who are staunchly religious. His morals are very right-leaning.
Ayn Rand acolyte? Yeah she was a good philosopher and writer...but applyling her principles to econ is devoid of pragmatism. Having said this Snider sounds at least more measured than Thomas but to each their own.

On that note, I don't think I want Thomas here anymore....I think he is looking for more money and years than we should want to afford. A guy like Halak would work better. More like a Vokoun fill in for a year.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote