View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Rangers have big players like Nash Pyatt and Boyle but they play smaller than their size... maybe Rangers can sign Marek Malik so they can have another big body that plays small.. i hate players with size that dont know how to use it or are too lazy too... imagine if Rick Nash had the mean streak of Milan Lucic Shane Doan or David Backes... maybe Rangers can talk Eric Daze out of retirement. size dont mean anything if you dont use it to your advanatage....
I agree that that kind of player would improve our top 6 by leaps and bounds. I also agree it's a problem the organization has had for a long, long time. Can't remember the last time the Rangers developed a big man to contribute in all areas.

It's NOT Kreider.

He's not out there to drop the gloves ever. Same with Nash. Boyle actually plays a solid physical game, but when it comes to fighting he really crashes into his ceiling as a hockey player. Pyatt was invisible for most of last year. It's the reason they went after Clowe, but as is typical the Rangers acquire this type of player when he's past the point of full filling the role.

This is an area the Rangers simply must address, (they know that) but it is EXTREMELY difficult to do so. These are the hardest hockey players to find. The Rangers will never be in a position to draft a high end player from this space and trading for one will be expensive.

But this is where I think the Rangers have to at least consider biting the bullet and pulling the trigger. I'm generally not a fan of trading assets/prospects, but I think the time may have come.

Who do you guys consider to be the best young big men currently on an NHL roster.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote