View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 11:43 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
And we're taking EF seriously? Isn't this guy a joke?
Elliotte Friedman is no joke. I agree with Cashville in that Friedman, MacKenzie (and I'll add Lebrun and Allen) are the best of the best. For me, Friedman's 30 Thoughts are up there with Peter King's MMQB column for NFL news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
EF and Bobby Mac are my two favorite hockey writers. What he said is not inherently wrong, Dave is just twisting the words to justify his point. We would have been the laughing stock of the draft if we had drafted Lindholm / Monahan over Seth Jones.
I agree with Cashville again. Dave is trying a bit too hard to make his point, even though it's a point I can get behind conceptually regarding the need for offense. Having said that, like I mentioned in the blog, once Poile was on the clock with the three forwards gone, I fully believe that Seth Jones was the right choice.

Oh, and to better illustrate the need for offense, Friedman's point number 7 in that article was even more on point (emphasis is mine):

Quote:
7. Otherwise, only five of the 28 Stanley Cup semifinalists since 2006 were not a Top 10 scoring team: Anaheim Ducks (15th in 2006); Edmonton (13th in 2006); Carolina Hurricanes (16th in 2009); Montreal Canadiens (23rd in 2010); and Boston (11th in 2013).
To be fair, that same list should be compiled with goals against in mind.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote