View Single Post
07-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Originally Posted by
None of those names are "blue chip," they're average prospects that every team in the league has at least 3 or 4 of.
In truth, the Preds really have very, very, very little in the way of tradeable assets other than picks and we need our high picks to re-stock. Guys fall into one of 5 buckets:
1. "Core" (Weber, Josi, Rinne, FF, Wilson and Jones. Might as well add Horny since a trade likely would move us down in production. Most would include KK at least for now, although he will be our best chip in 1-3 years if Jones develops).
2. "Unlikely or pointless to move" (Legwand and Fisher. It won't help much to move them and there are reasons to think both are virtual locks to stay).
3. "Unproven" near nhl ready, somewhat blue chip prospects. (They aren't true blue chip and they haven't raised their stock to a proven level. Could have value later... not so much now. Watson, Beck, Smith, Hellberg, Ekholm, Bartley. Also Ellis, our most valuable prospect, to some extent devalued himself last year.)
4. "Dime a dozen" nhl guys. (Bourque, Spaling, the rest of our team).
5. "Dime a dozen" prospects. (All of them other than Jones and FF).
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by braindead