Thread: Speculation: Vinny signs which center traded?
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 12:32 PM
JoeFlyer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Laughton has to be sent back to juniors before the season starts. once he is here on opening night he is here. he already had his one 9 game tryout.
Signing Vinny definitely means another move is going down. right now we are at the cap ceiling and would be looking to dip into that LTIR money and its only July. Something btw I am not in favor of. I would like to go into the season with some cap space available not including Pronger and technically Wellwoods money as well.
You are not going to get crap for Meszaros and some would even question if there is even a market for a brittle middle pairing defenseman. if they get more then a 4th rounder for him I would be shocked.
of course dealing Coburn leaves the Flyers in a spot where they are going to roll the dice on Meszaros. lets not forget they still need to resign Gus as well. i am expecting him to be penciled in as the #6.
then of course they still need to sign a goaltender. How much can we count on Thomas costing us?
The Meltzer blog says that we could effectively trade Meszaros for peanuts and swallow some of the cap, sounds fine to me. In signing Gustafsson he takes Meszaros spot (i.e. 3rd/4th pairing) and you still save cap. Gustafsson's qualifier is $850,000 apparently, dealing Mesz for a pick or whatever and retaining $1m of his salary gives us a saving of $2m off our cap (and as the Mesz deal runs out after this season we get the extra $1m back for next season).

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote