Thread: Confirmed with Link: [NYR/MTL] Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo
View Single Post
07-03-2013, 01:39 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
This makes no sense to me. wth
It seems Montreal has not been very happy with Kristo in recent years and were happy him for a younger prospect.

1) Freshman year, shortly after being drafted, he was arrested for underage drinking.
No big surprise for a college kid to drink, underage or not.

2) They tried to sign him before senior year and he refused to, wanting to go back for a chance at the national title. Understandable, but I am sure Montreal is getting cranky now.

3) Senior year he ran hockey party on campus and sold to underage minors... Well, like I said. Life of a college kid. I am sure most college athletes do it... he got caught.

In the end, they prob thought he would be a problem case one way or another. Off ice issues even if its minor, drinking too much and not focused, wants to much money for what hes really worth. I think he is actually like 1.3 or 1.6 million a year. So ehhh, thats a lot for a guy who can be even a slight risk

They probably said, lets get him out and start over with our prospects. And a solid prospect they got. Mature hard working Thomas, who might very well be a solid NHL player. Kristo though, can be a superstar like McDonagh, Krug, Stepan...

I am glad for the trade though he will need to prove to me if hes focused for the big leagues

Thesensation19* is offline   Reply With Quote