View Single Post
Old
07-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Habiton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
True, most new NHLers are pampered primadonnas. It's not uncommon to see CHL draftees (16 years old) report to their Jr team in luxury cars. Thankfully its still possible to find gems like PK Subban or Plekanec.

I wish i could go back in time and watch the rocket.

Well i dont think we have any problem getting 3rd liners. I think the fishbowl excuse is a myth or an easy way out(nobody will say well the team is not good enough). Players want to be in the spotlight.

I remember Kovalchuk saying he had to wait in restaurants in Atlanta and other players saying they dont like to play in a half-empty arena.

Yes, all overpaid, like most UFA's. Bottom line is you have to show the money if you want players.

And in MTL, add a few extra $100,000 to make up for the taxes.
What would be nice is for the NHL to make it an even playing field across all teams. Im sure the NHLPA wouldnt mind considering that all of their players will literally make the same. In fact why not put an addendum saying all current contracts will be honored as is and all future contracts will be signed with this system in place. Your contract times X, the X being the "Tax Factor" that is brought up by your federal/provincial/state government.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote