Thread: Denmark: Prospect Nikolaj Ehlers
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Jevo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Im exited! The mooseheads are a great team, and have developed some awesome players over time

Hoping Ehlers can really explode point-wise. But is the kid strong enough and responsible enough on D, to be a center as are the plans?
You don't need to be that strong in junior, it's not senior even if it's NA. He's just a few kilos slighter than Mackinnon who is gonna take over from, and he could gain a bit weight and strength during the summer. So taking that into account, strength is probably not gonna be a huge issue, even if he's a smaller guy. I'm not sure about his defensive play, of course he didn't play PK in the NLA. But he did play PK in junior, and I know he scored several SH goals last year. I know the skill depth isn't that great in the swiss junior league, but you still need skill and awareness to be able to make takeaways while on the PK. And I assume the Mooseheads has done their homework, and they wouldn't put so much stock in him playing center if they didn't know he would be able to do it.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote