Old
07-04-2013, 07:39 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I like that Fucale is right in the middle in terms of size. Big Goalies can be exposed on their 5 hole and can get injured often because of their bodies being bigger,etc.

Fucale is 6ft1 and that seems to be just right. Not too small to be pushed around and big enough to cover the net and have some reach post-to-post.

As for his style, I was wondering if someone could give me a quick scouting report. Please and thanks in advance
Proficient butterfly goalie who analyzes the play very well. Builds his cover from the bottom up and you'll never see him get beat down low, in fact, in all the Mooseheads games I've seen, I have yet to remember him getting beat through the legs.

He's calm and composed in the net. Not a great stickhandler but he knows this, simply stops the puck and leaves it for his D-men. He's economical in his movement and knows how to track the puck into his body.

His problems arise from analyzing the play too much and forgetting about quick shots when the puck is in a quiet area. He'll look for possible pass options and take his eyes off the puck, which leads to him getting beat from the perimeter or just over the blue line. He cut down on his a lot this year but it's still a matter of concentration.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote