View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 10:21 AM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
So we have one better wing (Voracek) than Simmonds. If we try to get our wing better and bigger why you would trade Simmonds?

We have centers (G-Leca-Schenn-Couturier-Laughton-Cousins) in that order. Why you wouldn´t trade your 4th center to get number one winger? I cant get that.
We don't have to trade anyone. I'm sick of these trades for trades sake.

#1. You can scratch Schenn of the list of centers. It's all but confirmed he's playing wing with Lecavalier.

#2. If we are "upgrading" at wing and the cost starts with Simmonds and ends with Kane you are stupid not to. Hartnell-G-Voracek and Schenn-Lecavalier-Kane in any order is stupid good and you still have Read,Couturier,Laughton, to fill out with.

#3 We don't have to trade. Especially for a big return. The forwards are fine as is. See how we look this year and assess. Salary room would be nice but with Pronger going on LTIR and Mezaros we will be ok.

#4 Simmonds is replaceable. From within. Let Schenn play wing I bet he's more consistent production wise, and he's got a mean streak to cause havoc along the boards and in front. I wouldn't miss Simmonds' inconsistency, but I do like what he brings.

#5 We don't NEED Kane. Voracek broke out, let's see if he is for real. He most likely is this number one winger we supposedly "need". Lets show confidence just one time in someone. A top 6 of Hartnell Giroux Voracek Schenn Lecavalier Simmonds or Read is fully capable to give teams fits. Patience.

#6 This isn't NHL 13. Kane<Couturier. I don't care if Kane can score 100 goals. In time what Couturier will do will put weigh Kane. Couturier will eat players like him for breakfast. He's already got Malkins number and he isn't old enough to drink. That is more valuable than Kane's one dimensional offensive game. If we can get Kane for cheap (Read+Cousins+2-4rd 2014 and 2015 1st) I'm for it. We aren't in the position of need. No need to sell the farm for a player like Kane.