View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 11:10 AM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
I'm not worried about the number of contracts they have.

Zanon and Hunwick will be bought out, Olver can be shipped off to a cap-strapped team needing depth, one of our goalie prospects can be traded for a pick, etc etc.

We have 22 roster contracts and 17 non-roster contracts, which totals 39.

Add Mack and there's 40.

Vincour is gone, L. Walker is gone. That leaves Connolly, Malone, Chouinard and G Walker as the remaining RFAs. Even if we qualify them all (I doubt all but Malone are locks) that only makes 44 contracts IF they're all qualified, which they won't be. There is no reason to keep Chouinard and Walker around.
The Compliance Buyout period is over isn't it (or is that today?)

The Avs weren't using any compliance buyouts, they indicated that already. And I doubt that they'd use a regular buyout because then they're still feeling the cap on them. What's more likely is that they will send, at the very least, Zanon to Lake Erie, Hunwick may stick as a 7th Defenseman, rotating in and out with Sarich.

***EDIT***

LOL, as I type that, this happens:

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5s
Hal Gill (NSH), Johan Hedberg (NJ) and Greg Zanon (COL) also on unconditional waivers, presumably for buyout purposes.

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote