View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Drake744
Smashville Subban

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
If Nashville isn't a "warm climate" then what would you classify it as?

Here, it's classified as a humid subtropical climate, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashville,_Tennessee

That sounds like a warm climate to me.

I think weather of a city has little effect on whether or not players sign in your city. $$ talks.
Except in the potential case of Briere, with us offering the most and still getting turned down. And for what it's worth, I don't think this would exactly be the first time we've offered more money to a player and got turned down. I would bet Poile throws around more money than we think he does.

As far as the weather thing...when I personally think of a "warm climate" I think of a place that is mild and temperate for the entire year. Yeah, Southern California and Arizona get a little cool here and there in the winter, but the cities that I think of in that context are much warmer, much more often than Nashville is. But, some people may think differently. As far as how much that has to do with a player's potential playing city, I think players with a family might care a little more about it. They have a wife and kids that have to live in that city even when the player is on the road, and they have a say in it.