View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 12:57 PM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Ya, the SEL is always a mystery when it comes to how offensive a Dman can be. Given the big Ice offensive Dmen basically just don't exists. Young Dmen esspecially are just told to play D and not worry about rushing. It is just such a differnt game. ANy way, I wouldn't doubt that he still has lots of offensive upside, really you just have to wait untill you see him play on smaller ice, see how he reads the plays and jumps up. I think he could still have a high end offensive game. I wouldn't be surprised if you see Schultz and Klefbom on the powerplay.

ps. why I really wanted to see him at the WJC this year, shame he missed it. I think he he would have been a beast.
True, the only d-man who really tore up SHL (SEL, time to get used to the new name!) was Rundblad, and he hasn't done so well over here (yet).

Klefbom was above 0.25 last season though, although the sample was only 11 games. That's really good for a defenseman in SHL.

That said, last year in juniors Klefbom was basically PPG... He slowed down a lot when he was moved up to SHL at 17 y.o. but I see that as a good sign (as I've been on about before). He is a defenseman, his no 1 duty is defense and I think you will see that he handles that part of the game extremely well. Add to that that he is an excellent skater, technical and with a good shot and you know that it will only be matter of time until he is decent, or good, offensively whilst being solid defensively.

I hope I am not exaggerating but I really don't see anything warning signals in terms of his ability and performance so far. The sky is the limit for this kid imo.

LaGu is online now   Reply With Quote