View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
True, the only d-man who really tore up SHL (SEL, time to get used to the new name!) was Rundblad, and he hasn't done so well over here (yet).

Klefbom was above 0.25 last season though, although the sample was only 11 games. That's really good for a defenseman in SHL.

That said, last year in juniors Klefbom was basically PPG... He slowed down a lot when he was moved up to SHL at 17 y.o. but I see that as a good sign (as I've been on about before). He is a defenseman, his no 1 duty is defense and I think you will see that he handles that part of the game extremely well. Add to that that he is an excellent skater, technical and with a good shot and you know that it will only be matter of time until he is decent, or good, offensively whilst being solid defensively.

I hope I am not exaggerating but I really don't see anything warning signals in terms of his ability and performance so far. The sky is the limit for this kid imo.
I'm not sure if you would've seen these guys play or not, but how would you compare Klefa to previous Swedish dmen like Mattias Ohlund and Kenny Jonsson?

When I look at Klefbom, he makes me think of a young Ohlund myself. Maybe that's overly optimistic?

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote