View Single Post
07-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle
vCash: 1400
Originally Posted by Baggers View Post
Stu's first draft was 2008.

It generally takes 5 years to determine if a player is an NHLer or not, and another 2-3 years after that to determine how good that player will be at the NHL level.

So far, Eberle has established himself as a legit NHL player, and Harti has had his cup of coffee and could being anything from a career minor-leaguer to a legit lunch-pail LW.

At this point in time, I give the 2008 draft a B+. I'll wait a year before passing judgement on the 2009 draft, but it's worth noting that both Paajarvi and Lander have already logged serious time at the NHL level (now, whether that's because they deserved it or because the team was horrible is another subject for debate). Hesketh, Abney and Bigos can pretty much already be declared busts, but it'll be interesting to see how Roy and Rajala develop over the course of the next year.
He's been here since 2000, and a lot of the rest of the crew have been here around since around then too.

These guys didnt just plop down here in 2008. Theyve been our scouts for ten years or more in many cases.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote