View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 02:08 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Grabovski would easily be the Blue Jackets best centre. If management really is looking to buy out Wiz I think they would jump all over a Wiz/Grabo swap. Especially if the Leafs retained a million of his salary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
My apologies, I didn't realize you are part of the management team. Considering you think Anisimov is better than Grabovski, I don't have a lot of faith in the future of your organization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
It is amazing how one poor season can shape and totally reverse whatever positive reputation a player had.

Here's Grabovski's past 5 NHL seasons:

2008-2009: 78GP/20G/28A/48P
2009-2010: 59GP/10G/25A/35P
2010-2011: 81GP/29G/29A/58P
2011-2012: 74GP/23G/28A/51P
2012-2013: 48GP/9G/7A/16P

Which of the seasons are most representative of a player's capability? The four previous seasons, in which he scored at or above a 50 point pace, or the half season, following a lockout, in which he scored at half that? Any sensible person would say the former.

If Blue Jackets fans don't want to trade Wiz for Grabovski, I can't blame them. Wiz is a good player in his own right, but to put forward some of the arguments written here?

If you really think Mark Letestu or Artem Anisimov are better players than Mikhail Grabovski, then I don't know what to tell you. The facts don't back you up.

And for the record, anyone who actually watched the games, knows how well he played in the playoffs. It may not have shown up on the stat sheet but he was buzzing all series.

And since Grobovski is so valuable, the Leafs have decided to buy him out and let any team have him for free.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote