View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Who was the youngest player in the bottom 6 last year? How about the year before?
Well, I guess Zuccarello, Brassard, Hagelin, Miller and Kreider all played games on our 3rd line. Mashinter and Ferriero played a couple of games on our 3rd and 4th line. Anisimov and Dubinsky also played 3rd line minutes for most of their early career.

I think it's a misconception to think only goons and older guys are allowed to play on the 3rd and 4th line with the Rangers. However, I do agree our prospects take a bit longer compared to other teams prospects to make a name for themselves. Is that really an issue? I don't think so. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we are missing a real generational talent among our forwards, or a top-C, top-W. We have Nash, Richards, Stepan, Callahan, Hagelin, Zuccarello, Brassard... All good guys, but not of the level Tavares, Stamkos, Kane, Crosby, Malkin or a great young prospect like Landeskog, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Seguin, RNH.

Maybe that puts a bit more pressure on our 3rd line to produce. When you have a top-line of Hossa, Toews and Kane, it's easier to fit in on the 3rd line because there's less pressure, but I don't think it's really an issue. Players need to be ready, and when they are, they will show it. Hagelin is the most recent example of that

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote