View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
A Sparse Update

It has been a long time with no news on the Bison front. But at least there is some alumni news. Former captain Mike Hellyer has signed an ECHL-AHL deal. His deal is with the Bakersfield Condors, who are affiliated with the Iowa Wild. He was CHL rookie-of-the-year with Quad Cities last season.

Links:
|> [Brandon Sun]

Clare Drake, the former head organ grinder at the University of Saudi Alberta, has been appointed to the Order of Canada. I'm sure he'd rather have a large bunch of bananas but this is still a pretty good honour.

Also, defencemen Ben Lindemulder and Barron Von Smith, will attend the training camp of the Edmontown Greasers. Apparently The Barron has been working on his claw hold.

Links:
|> Drake story: [at CW] : [at U of A]
|> Greaser story: [at U of A]

Is the "GB" hat logo better than the monkey?

YAWN! No news, but two links to the same story with a different title for each.

Links:
|> [Halifax Chronicle-Herald Story] : [Other Halifax Chronicle-Herald Story]

The Thunderbirds recruited a Thunderbird. Luke Lockhart will shift from Seattle of the WHL to UBC of the CW this year. Check the link for his bio. He is a former captain and seems like a "2 way", i.e. low scoring, centre.

Links:
|> [UBC Story]

I had seen that York is making a new year's trip to Arizona. I found a story about the ASU Sun Devils. They are in the ACHA but have played NCAA and CIS teams before. The ACHA really sucks. Iowa State came to play the Bisons and they were in way over their heads. I was afraid they'd get hurt! It seems ASU have some desire to make a decent hockey program there. But how can they operate in the shadow of the Arizona Coyotes?!?!?!

Links:
|> [House of Sparky Story]

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote