View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 07:55 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyExit View Post
I agree about Hannan. I was skeptical when he was acquired and ate crow when he played admirably. It was cool having him back. But the Sharks lost and it's done now. We know what we're getting from him. In the long term it would be better to have Irwin, Braun, and Demers all receiving minutes instead of Demers being benched. No one wants to see the same old song and dance of a declining veteran D being played every night over a more capable player. I won't do Hannan the disgrace of lumping him into the Wallin/White category but the point still stands.
Defensively, Hannan isn't that bad unless trying to defend speed (eg Chicago. But, the tendency to go with stay at home with limited puck skills will further limit the offense. That type of choice says they are comfortable being in the bottom third of the league for scoring (which is nuts IMO). They need fixes and the two biggest are going with 3 scoring lines followed closely by a system modification to encourage defenders to participate offensively and getting defenders who can do so. Every time they get a defender with limited offensive skills, it hurts the overall offense. It's a bad mindset for the team.