View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

vCash: 500
I must say that I feel more comfortable with plekanec-briere-eller centre trio than plekanec-desharnais-eller. This means that one pricey centre will be the odd man out.

Seeing as how desharnais was just signed recently, its hard to see him being dealt. I can't see how the team gets better by trading plekanec, so lets rule that out. Eller has the blend of size, speed and skill that makes him a valuable centre on this club, so he should be safe. Briere obviously wont move.

So what happens? Do you move one of them to the wing? Perhaps. But I dont think you're utilizing these players properly by doing so, and it also raises the question of which winger you will take out in order for it to happen.

You can't stick any of these guys on the 4th line and expect them to be successful.

As this move sinks in more, it just further makes me believe that the habs are not done. Could Bergy actually dump desharnais for a draft pick just months after signing him to a new deal? Would another team take that contract on?

I'm all for centre depth, but I just don't like the way the habs are building it up right now.

I'm excited and frightened at the same time, about what this all means.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote