View Single Post
Old
07-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Price My Man Crush

vCash: 500
Well, OP asked two questions. The first one is: which one will be easier to trade?

To be honest, that's a tough question.

1. Gionta showed this year (again) that he can score some goals. He is still IMO a guy who can score between 20 and 25 goals if he stays healthy during a full season.

2. Our captain is a good player defensively, I even think this part of his game is underrated. Him and Plekanec have done a pretty good job the last few seasons. I'm not a big "Gio" fan but eh, I can still give him credit.

3. He is injured. Torn biceps tendon in his left arm if I remember correctly. When will he comes back? Who knows...but there's something I know: it might be difficult to trade an injured player. But, it happened with Theodore if I'm not mistaken and probably some other players. Furthermore and we need to not forget this thing, he earns $5M/year. He is indeed a little bit overpaid but this isn't too awful for the salary cap.

4. He's the captain of the Montreal Canadiens, the most prestigious hockey team in the world. He has leadership, he has a lot of experience and has already won the Stanley Cup. He's a hard worker and a great model for youngsters.

5. Desharnais showed good things in 2011-2012 with Cole & Pacioretty. He has a great vision and he is a good playmaker even if god knows people here hate him. He had 60 points in 81 games with these two guys. This year was not so great for him compared to the previous one. But still, he was on pace for 48 points and 17 goals, one more than the 2011-2012 season. He's a guy who is always going to get seasons of 50-60 points.

6. Le p'tit gars d'chez nous is not as good as Plekanec or Eller on defense AND faceoffs. He really needs to work on these parts of his game. Desharnais can bring you in the playoffs but can he get you through it? Don't think so. Can't say the guy doesn't work hard, though.

7. The contract he signed will kick in next year and his average is only $3,5M. It's not THAT bad. The only thing I dislike about this contract is the lenght of it. It might scare some GM.

So, which one do you THINK will be gone?

Gionta next year when he will be an UFA. It's gonna be difficult to trade him and get a good return. Desharnais? Depends on how he plays next year. He could be deal next year at the trade deadline.

Last edited by Price My Man Crush: 07-05-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote